Free scholarships being awarded.
Each year, MOSAIC offers a variety of scholarships and awards to celebrate diversity and inclusion, support further education for refugees and immigrants, and recognize outstanding achievements in human rights advocacy. Applications are now open until April 30 for the 2023 MOSAIC awards.
Scholarships and Awards being offered:
- MOSAIC Educational Enhancement Awards — The MOSAIC Awards Committee will give six recipients $5,000 each to pursue academic, professional or vocational studies.
- Kinbrace Educational Award – New for 2023, this award supports the post-secondary educational aspirations of one foreign-born young person who made a refugee claim in Canada (or whose parents made a refugee claim) and is now a protected person, permanent resident, or Canadian citizen. Up to $20,000 over four consecutive years.
- Eyob G. Naizghi Scholarship Award – This $5,000 scholarship will be awarded to a female refugee for leadership development through education and training.
- Ann & Jo-Ann Sobkow Award – The $3,000 scholarship has been established to provide financial support to a refugee aged 25 years and over for the advancement of their education in a helping profession.
- Dr. Kes Chetty Education Award – Nominated by MOSAIC staff, $1,000 each will go to up to three deserving individuals who want to purse academic or vocational studies.
- Human Rights Award – Nominations for this award are for a person that has made a significant contribution in the field of human rights and ethnic relations, and in the field of humanitarianism, and has not been previously recognized.
- Employer Recognition Award – Selected from BC employers that have participated in MOSAIC employment programs, this award is presented to a BC employer for creating a workplace that supports the principles of multiculturalism and employment equity.